- This event has passed.
Spring Horticulture Programme
April 28, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm UTC+0€8
Learn how to create and enjoy the Garden that you have always wanted. Gardening is the fastest growing leisure pastime for many practical and economic reasons.
Our course will help you to enjoy the sheer pleasure that gardening can bring to your leisure time. You will get closer to nature and learn to create the garden you always wanted.
- Understand Plant Nutrition
- Identify plants and appropriate use
- Care for plants
- Describe the detrimental effects of weeds
- Outline how weeds have adapted to improve their chance of survival
- Describe how weeds spread
- Outline different methods used to control weeds
- Weed a plot by hand and with a hoe
- Apply bark mulch to control weeds
- Demonstrate how to harden off plants
Dates: 24th February,3rd, 10th, 24th and 7th,14th and 21st and 28th April 2018